General Department of Civil Aviation at the Government of RA
ARMATS CJSC was founded in 1997.
Activity areas of ARMATS CJSC are:
- Organize and ensure air traffic in the airspace of the Republic of Armenia;
- Provide air navigation services of the flights in the airspace of the Republic of Armenia;
- Provide communication services;
- Provide and maintain radio navigation services of flights, install, repair and operate radio navigation devices in compliance with the existing standards;
- Administration of flights and provide Aeronautical Information Services in the airspace under its control.
1997-2007 ARMATS has carried out activities on modernization and transition to ICAO standards, such as:
- New air routes, which pass through the airspace of the Republic of Armenia and
- connect South-Eastern Asia with Europe, Middle East with Northern Europe and CIS countries, have been implemented.;
- Implementation of technical means for the exchange of planned and location information between the military flight control units and civil air traffic service units;
- Implementation of Flight Safety Management System for air traffic service in compliance with the requirements of ESARR 2.3.4;
- Installation of the new equipment ILS/DME of2-3 categories in “Zvartnots”
- In 2006 the new building of Flight Control Center was opened and a new control towerwas constructed, which were supplied with modern technical equipment and put into operation in “Shirak” Airport;
- In 2007 construction, putting into operation of the new air traffic control tower in Yerevan, which is supplied with the latest equipment in compliance with the international standards;
- In 2007 area navigation B-RNAV system has been introduced in the airspace of Armenia above flight level 195.
ARMATS CJSC is member of EUROCONTROL Organization since 2006.
13.03.2006 The regulation on personnel licensing of air traffic controllers was approved
according to the requirements of EOROCONTROL-European Organization
of Air Navigation Safety.
22.05.2007 The competence scheme of air traffic controllers was approved according to
the requirements of EOROCONTROL-European Organization of Air
14.11.2008 The training program of Air traffic control unit controllers was approved
according to the requirements of EUROCONTROL-European Organization
of Air Navigation Safety.
07.05.2009 By decree 502N of the Government of RA, requirements were established to
the aircraft carrying out IFR(Instrument Flight Rules) flights on being
equipped with RNAV(Regional Navigation).
07.05.2009 According to the requirements of the Regulation on authorization of air traffic
service providers and the organizations and bodies providing adjacent aids
the company management, by its 09-09 protocol, approved the schedule of
Quality Management System implementation and ISO 9001-2008 certification
work, according to which in September 2001 the Quality Management
Certificated System will function in the company.
05.03.2007 Two up- to-date P3D Multilateral Surveillance systems were implemented in
the Centers located in “Zvartnots” and “Shirak” airports.
01.03.2009 The Republic of Armenia is a member of EUROCONTROL Route Charges
Office, this fact has changed the approaches to the statutory price calculation
and its current specification.
15.04.2009 The results of Safety Culture assessment work begun in 2008 was summed
up by the appropriate institutions of EUROCONTROL and according to
them, on the whole, the existing in the company Safety Culture was assessed